Michigan’s Springtime/summertime AC Tune Ups in Ann Arbor can significantly cut your cooling bills, as well as prolong the lifetime of your Air conditioner or whole HVAC system. Here’s Washtenaw County Residential Air Conditioning Services’ 20 Point Air Conditioning Tune Up Checklist:
As the cold nights fade away and the days in Ann Arbor become longer and warmer, it’s time for your annual AC tune-up. Just like regular car maintenance is crucial for your vehicle’s longevity and efficiency, proper AC maintenance is essential for keeping your home cool and comfortable all summer long.
Neglecting AC maintenance when living in Washtenaw County can lead to expensive repairs and long wait times during peak season. Be proactive and catch small issues before they become big problems. This article discusses the importance of seasonal tune-ups and outlines the 20-point checklist our technicians follow to ensure your AC is running smoothly and efficiently.
• Avoid unexpected breakdowns: Regular tune-ups help prevent costly repairs during the hottest months when your AC is working its hardest.
• Restore lost efficiency: Over time, dirt and debris can build up, reducing your AC’s efficiency and driving up your energy bills. Tune-ups help restore optimal performance.
• Safer operation: Tune-ups identify potential safety hazards like refrigerant leaks or electrical issues.
• Longer lifespan: Regular maintenance extends the life of your AC unit, saving you money on replacements in the long run.
• Improved comfort and cost savings: Preventative tune-ups improve your overall comfort level and effectively save you money by reducing operating expenses.
1. Inspect and clean air filters: Dirty filters restrict airflow and reduce efficiency.
2. Check refrigerant levels: Low refrigerant levels can lead to poor cooling performance.
3. Clean evaporator and condenser coils: Dirty coils impede heat transfer and reduce efficiency.
4. Inspect and lubricate blower motor: A properly lubricated motor runs more smoothly and efficiently.
5. Check condensate drain line: Clogged drains can lead to water damage.
6. Inspect ductwork for leaks: Leaky ducts waste energy and reduce cooling effectiveness.
7. Test thermostat accuracy: An inaccurate thermostat can lead to uneven cooling or wasted energy.
8. Check electrical connections: Loose or corroded connections can create safety hazards.
9. Inspect condensate pan: A cracked or rusted pan can leak and cause damage.
10. Level the unit: An uneven unit can vibrate and cause premature wear.
11. Inspect fan blades: Bent or damaged blades can reduce airflow and increase noise.
12. Check for refrigerant leaks: Leaks can harm the environment and reduce cooling performance.
13. Test safety switches: Ensure all safety devices are functioning properly.
14. Measure amperage draw: High amperage draw can indicate electrical problems.
15. Inspect reversing valve (heat pump systems): Ensure proper operation for year-round comfort.
16. Clean and inspect indoor unit cabinet: Debris buildup can restrict airflow.
17. Advise customer of any recommended repairs: Our technicians will identify any potential issues and recommend solutions.
18. Run and test system: We’ll ensure your AC is running smoothly and efficiently before we leave.
19. Provide a written report: We’ll document the findings of the tune-up and any recommendations for future maintenance.
20. Answer your questions: Our technicians are happy to answer any questions you have about your AC unit.
Don’t wait until the heat hits to schedule your AC tune-up. Call Washtenaw County Residential Air Conditioning Services today and keep your Ann Arbor home cool and comfortable all summer long.
Additional tips for keeping your AC running smoothly:
• Change your air filters monthly during the cooling season.
• Keep the area around your outdoor unit clear of debris.
• Schedule regular tune-ups with a qualified technician.
By following these tips, you can help ensure your AC unit operates efficiently and reliably for years to come.
We hope this blog post has been helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Washtenaw County Residential Air Conditioning Services